Would you like to help our local community take action on the climate crisis? We are looking for an experienced marketing and communications professional to join the Forest Row Energy Team. We hope that you will be exited about leading on our communications and engagement plans.
Take a look at the job description below for full information.
Communications and Engagement Director: Job Description
The Forest Row Energy Cooperative’s work is focused on “energy that costs less – to us and the environment”. We promote energy self-sufficiency within the Forest Row Parish and its neighbouring villages and towns through energy savings; energy efficiency, and locally derived renewable energy. We are a community-owned, non-profit organisation sustained by grants for, and income from, activities which benefit our community and which value and protect the local and wider environment by reducing our dependence on energy sources that are linked to climate change, land, air or water pollution.
We are looking for an experienced marketing and communications professional to join the team. The right person will be excited by the opportunity to design and lead the execution of our communications and engagement plans. They will be mandated to raise the profile of Forest Row Energy, with responsibilities that include:
· Raising our profile & deepening engagement with our local community & network partners;
· Writing & posting news stories on the Forest Row Energy website, Facebook & Twitter;
· Representing Forest Row Energy to the local press and radio;
· Growing and strengthening our relationship with the Coop members;
· Developing partnerships with local businesses and secure corporate memberships; and,
· Leading on the communication and marketing components of our funded projects.
Each member of our executive management team commits to 12 hours voluntary time per month. Remunerated hours are paid at a competitive rate when grant or funded projects are secured.
Getting in touch
To learn more or to express an interest, please contact Jonathan Shopley by email at email@example.com.